Sunday, January 10, 2016

The X-Files Body Count returns in two weeks

I wrote what I thought would be the last entry in this blog at the start of 2010, after watching The X-Files: I Want to Believe and tallying up the final body count. In the time since that post, I got a new job, got laid off from that job, started another job, and got married. It's amazing what can happen in six years, right?

The traffic to this site has been fairly modest, as may be expected for a niche topic on a TV show that ended nearly 14 years ago, but it's been mentioned in some interesting places. It was cited on the X-Files Reddit page, and Popular Mechanics gave it a shout-out as well.

But enough about me. Anyone visiting this site has no doubt heard that The X-Files is returning with its original cast for a miniseries. In the United States, the first of six episodes will air in two weeks, on January 24.


And yes, I'll plan on updating this blog for the six episodes set to air. When I originally watched these episodes, I employed the simple strategy of having the episode run in one window and keeping a tally and summary going in another window. This time around, I'll probably just start up the episode, open up my laptop, and go to town in a similar way. I'm not sure how easy it will be to access screenshots, so those may have to be added a day or two after the original post.

Among the characters who have been slated to return are the Cigarette-Smoking Man and The Lone Gunmen. Perhaps I'll need to update the UNDEAD'D category, or maybe they'll just show up in visions like the finale.

Yes, I'm still a hopeless nerd six years later. But at least I have a wife who appreciates that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment